Eat Glass

A place where I come to rant about the little things that don't matter.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Worst Play List Ever???

For those of you that don't know, I no longer get to work from the comfort of my house. I've been moved into an office (well kind of) down at the Lethbridge Herald. I don't really know any one that works there, no body showed me around, I don't know where the break room is, I even had to find the bathrooms on my own. I'm not sure what the point of moving me was, but I was moved none the less. Yesterday I met the guy that works in the office (uhh, once again his is only kind of an office) next to me. His name is Bill, I don't know what he does, nor do I really care. Bill is probably in his mid to late 40's, and today he decided thathe would put on some music. I wear one headphone all day long, usually listening to podcasts, and the occasional listen to the new Guster album (two thumbs up.) But I couldn't help take notice of what my good friend Bill was listening to. I sware I'm not making this up and in no way did I alter this play list for dramatic effect. Here is Bills Tuesday afternoon at the office playlist
1.Walking On Broken Glass- Annie Lennox
2.Rasputin - Boney M.
3.Take My Breath Away - Berlin
4.Unchained Melody - The Righteous Brothers
4.Momma Mia - Abba
5.Thunderstruck - AC/DC
6.Start Me Up - Rolling Stones
7.Raise A Little Hell - Trooper
8.Sweet Child of Mine - Guns N Roses
9.Simply The Best - Tina Turner
10.Secret Agent Man - Johnny Rivers
11.You Don't Know How It Feels - Tom Petty

The words 'bad cliche' come to mind. And if this random assortment of top hits from years gone by wasn't a good enough, Bill also treated me to his singing during every chorus and whistling every guitar part. Yeah, that is way less distracting than having my daughter come in every now and then to say hi. It looks like the move is really helping me stay focused.
Please feel free to leave songs that Bill may have regretably missed, in the comments. Maybe for Christmas I'll make him a mix CD that will be to his liking.

20 Comments:

Blogger Jace said...

Joy Ride-Roxette

9:17 a.m.  
Blogger Bray said...

roxy roller
party for two, shania twain
oh oh oh Ace of Bass, greatest hits.

9:19 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

so...speaking of the rolling stones, i saw a commercial for a VH1 special on this band Platinum Weird where Mick’s saying that they’re “the most famous band noone’s ever heard of.” i think they’re some band from the 70s that never released a record or something but I've never heard of them
does anyone know about this?

9:36 a.m.  
Blogger Jace said...

I could be wrong but the Platinum Weird history looks fictional to me, this link makes it look like a newly formed band
http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1500492/04202005/dave_stewart.jhtml

Jane, are you the Jane I saw on Shaw TV talking about indian artifacts?? If so welcome to the blog, you are our first celebrity.

11:09 a.m.  
Blogger Brent said...

1. Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me - Elton John & George Michael
2. Sussudio - Phil Collins
3. We Didn't Start the Fire - Billy Joel
4. I Don't Want To Miss A Thing - Aerosmith
5. Pour Some Sugar On Me - Def Leopard
6. Here I Go Again - Whitesnake
7. Don't Forget Me When I'm Gone - Glass Tiger

I feel you're office pain. Get some hard-core headphones. That's what I did.

1:35 p.m.  
Blogger Jace said...

I've got the hard core headphones, but if I wore them at work I wouldn't hear a thing, including ringing phones. But then again my phone does blink when it's ringing.

2:10 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whoa....Bill sounds intense.

3:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i just saw this video with Annie Lennox in it. I guess that it’s about Dave Stewart’s (from the Eurythmics) first group in the 70s that never released their album back then, and now there’s a big VH1 special on them.

anyone else heard about this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGvmz32ajao&search=platinum%20weird

4:02 p.m.  
Blogger Jace said...

Mark my words, I'm going on record as saying that this Platinum Wierd is a new band with a fictitious history, that they are using as a clever marketing ploy. And who is 'borat' that looks less like a screen name and more like word verification.

4:17 p.m.  
Blogger Bray said...

I like the eagles. I'm never coming to visit you again Nathan. Ermm, i never have, but my threat still stands. And jace, seriously just code a forum.

5:35 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

forums are free enough if you have somewhere to host them... no need to code a whole new one

12:13 a.m.  
Blogger Bray said...

^5 Amie, lets band together. Some of those are classics.

9:41 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderwall - Oasis.

Id rather dunk my head in hydrochloric acid before listenin to that song.

12:04 p.m.  
Blogger Mitz said...

Lady in Red, come on! Pretty much anything off the Cool Rock album. Let's all sing.... "Love lift us up where we belong....Joanna....Lady in Red......Never Surrender..." I know you all know it! Just give Bill Cool Rock for Christmas, I bet he cries when he opens it.

1:13 p.m.  
Blogger Mitz said...

Heheheee~ and I didn't even mention I'm a Cool Rock owner myself. But at this moment it is playing as the 'hold' music here at the office. What a donation!! Oh! You should tell Bill to call Huckvale, I'll put him on hold.

1:20 p.m.  
Blogger Jace said...

More like you should call Bill and then put him on hold, that would be more your style.

2:32 p.m.  
Blogger Bray said...

Here is a brief spam from braden. I wanted to start a music news blog to pass the time and practice being a journalist because, well it might be something I want to do. I don't have the kid's email so I'm posting it here. Sorry jace. I buy you a cookie or something.

http://audiophilanthropy.blogspot.com

5:34 p.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh noes! spam!

6:09 p.m.  
Blogger Jace said...

Seriously amy, that is how you are saying good bye?? Wow I thought we had something special, I guess I was mistaken.
Good luck in Waterville.

11:54 p.m.  
Blogger Katherine said...

Glass Tiger has been overlooked.
Don't forget to put Glass Tiger on the playlist.

6:40 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home