Eat Glass

A place where I come to rant about the little things that don't matter.

Monday, July 31, 2006

How I waste my time lately.

Most of you should be well aware that me and most of my friends are avid watchers of the show "Lost." We gather every Wednesday and watch for the latest revelation on the mysterious island. Then spend a good chunk of the week theorizing and discussing the possibilities of where the show may be heading. But since the season ended in May I've had to find alternate ways to fill the void left by Lost. Luckily for me, the producers started an ARG called "The Lost Experience" to give the Lost die hards something to do between seasons. The promise is that players will gain valuable in sites into the lost mythology. Unfortunately I seem to be the only one among my friends that has chosen to follow along so I don't have any one to discuss and theorize about the goings on of the game, and how I think it relates to the show. I find the game extremely interesting. It has included everything from a book by a fictions author that "died" on Oceanic Air 815, to a petition to free a 105 year old orangutan, to an interview with The Hanso Foundations PR guy on Jimmy Kimmel, to an appearance of the main character at a Lost Q & A at ComiCon. My personal favorite is a conspiracy crazed radio personality named DJ Dan, that put out spuradic podcasts.
Fortunately for every body reading this, the game is currently in a slow part, and it's a great time to join in. Here are a few links that should get you caught up, or at least close enough to caught up.

Inside the Experience-The official ABC blog on the experience hosted by the mysterious 'Speaker'
The Lost Experience Clues-An unofficial blog run by a dedicated group of fans. My personal site of choice. Complete with their very own podcast this site is always on top of the latest clues. If you want a comprehensive catch up, start at clue 1 and work your way up to the present.
Rachel Blake's FAQ's-Rachel is our heroine (or is she??) and she answers some questions
Lostpedia.com-A veritable who’s who and what's what of everything 'lost'

So get up to speed, I have a feeling that it will give us a better idea of what the island is and what has gone on there in the past.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man alive I need to get some sleep, but there is so much to read and catch up on. Made it to clue #17. Need sleep will continue again later.

12:22 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

curse this I am never going to get any sleep!

12:35 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home